2018 countdown

Diet and exercise seems natural after overindulgment of holidays but too cliche and overdone. I have an INTP friend who usually resolves to skip his gym routine until the end of January when the crowds of resolutioners go away.

None shall be spared.

Thanks, @geneva! I realize that many of my goals in the past were simply too ambitious or unachievable. Of course, that led to burnout and an eventual stuck-in-the-mud phase, where I wanted to do everything but then never did anything.

Hmm. One film I recently watched that I liked was an Italian 2013 film La Grande Belleza…maybe you’ve watched it? I thought the acting was superb and some of the lines very funny and acerbic. Events and scenes of the story are scattered. Leaves you wondering what the hell is going on but it all makes sense at the end. If you have a bit of patience (it’s 2 hours and 20 minutes long), it may be worth watching. I think it is a very good depiction of the grand problem of inferior Se (the pursuit of beauty) of a cynical, aging socialite, still struggling to find inspiration to write, in the midst of a beauty-obsessed city of Rome.

Travel: I already have 2 countries in Europe already planned for travel, and I may explore the countryside filled with beautiful temples, lakes, and forests in my home country in Asia :slight_smile: But in the future, I’d like to see Italy, spend more time in France (Normandy or Brittany for example), and visit Greece. Maybe next year!

Haha, as for being more assertive. I think you may be right. Thanks for the reassurance. :slight_smile:

Do it. Every time you enter a thread your insights and instincts feel like the sort I could lean on, the sort that would change my mind/convince me where I’m wrong. Assert assert assert. I think it will be to the benefit of everyone around you.

Good luck!

Ditto

:angry: fine, I suppose it will be easier to make my own damn sandwich than to take out the ENFJ apocalyptic horsewomen- especially in the current cute kitten incarnation.

Thanks, haven’t seen it, will look for it. I used to like to watch artsy films, with 2 teenage sons it’s a lot of comedy, action, and sci-fi these days- I like those too though.

Hel, yeah :grin:

Good luck!

New resolution type thing, I’d like to write more sonnets

I write em really fast so I think I can write 365 this year though not one every day, More like 4 some days and none on others. so I’m gonna do it at

https://sonnet365.wordpress.com

And call it Sonnets Sometimes

Fi minimums for a nonexistent non-ninja (ENTP)

Thank you, @johnonymous, @geneva, and @lunar for your encouragement. :slight_smile:

Are you also intj? Your name and and a few more pops up everywhere :smiley:

I love your sonnets and your blog! Amusing!

Awe thanks!!

I love compliments!! Wahoo!!

I also like them a lot, you have a nice touch with rhyme and meter, some groovy enjambment too.

Yessss! More compliments!

I’m gonna use this in the blurbs when I get the book deal.

—“groovy enjambment”

It’s not every day I get to learn a word I never knew I never knew. Thanks thanks.

Yes but I am also very Leonine and touched with aspergers so I got a few off things going on about me haha!
On the other hand… it probably mitigates some of the more INTJ problems (just gievs me different ones, like bad executive functioning/glitching).

Hope everyone’s New Year is going well so far! lol

Don’t know if this is over stepping, but Prax, do you mind if I ask you how significant your Aspergers is?

Feel free to tell me to fuck off if needed. All love over here.

My plan for 2018 is to boss up and get close to actualizing my ideal self this year.

make more money

I don’t mind at all! I lve talking about mental health stuff in general! (I was a psych major among other things). I actually should start a new thread about it sometime soon because my suspicion is that people on the spectrum tend to gather together (and infp tend to join in because they don’t mind/are attracted to weirdos lol).

I have not been officially diagnosed but females tend to be underdiagnosed due to the way they are socialized and expectations of them, but it runs in my family (at least one person has been diagnosed because they are more affected and it’s more noticeable in boys in general).

But for example, if you were to take online tests like this you can get an idea of where you and I are comparatively: http://aspergerstest.net/aq-test/

Basically the range for possible answers is 0 to 50. The information below shows you the different ranges as recorded from others sitting this same AQ quiz over the years.
0-11 low result – indicating no tendency at all towards autistic traits.
11-21 is the average result that people get (many women average around 15 and men around 17)
22-25 shows autistic tendencies slightly above the population average
26-31 gives a borderline indication of an autism spectrum disorder. It is also possible to have aspergers or mild autism within this range.
32-50 indicates a strong likelihood of Asperger syndrome or autism.

Simon Baron-Cohen, a psychologist from Cambridge’s Autism Research Centre was assisted by his colleagues in the development of this AQ test. This Autism Spectrum Quotient quiz was created to give an indication of autism spectrum disorder traits in adults.

It is interesting to note that 16.4 was the average score that people received in the first major trial of this autism test. Another point of interest is that around 80% of those actually diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder got an AQ score of 32 or higher out of the maximum 50.

I got: "Your AQ Test Score is: 33"
EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT I WAS BEING CONSERVATIVE WITH MY AUTISTIC TENDENCIES!

Johno probably is off the charts honestly lol. When I realize that the “normal population” scores around 15, I just think to myself “wtf who ARE these people??? They exist??” LOL. I pretty much normalize my experience and don’t think too much of it, but clearly I am a few deviations elsewhere.

Anyway, hope the year’s going well, everyone! I just visited my cousin who spent most of the new year so far in hospital for pancreaititis lol. He’s probably INFP (or intp?? hmmm), so easy for me to talk to!

Aspergers and Autism: Spectrum Talk!

O WOW I GOT 30.

IM NOT SURPRISED.

Aspergers and Autism: Spectrum Talk!