hello. ESTP here. hahaah
why am i talking like this.
anyways. johnny’s recent comment plus sammy’s comment inspired me to create this topic.
so let’s do some assumption, to see each functions look to each other.
and we can help ‘correct’ the definition on the function.
so. i’m Se dominant.
from non-sensory types, Se is perceived as something very ‘surfaced’.
like ‘action’, ‘sex’ and such physical things.
i like what Blake said about instinct. yes. Sensory DOES feel like an instinct.
but not so much animalistic-instinct. yes. there is that. for SURE.
but Se can detect something SO OBVIOUS in my opinion, but completely missed by others.
quoting from a different website.
ESTPs have an uncanny ability to perceive people’s attitudes and motivations. They pick up on little cues which go completely unnoticed by most other types, such as facial expressions and stance. They’re typically a couple of steps ahead of the person they’re interacting with.
the thing is. i don’t SHOW that i’m couple of steps ahead.
because i don’t want to embarrass anyone.
like, when a ‘hot chick’ walks by, instead of looking at the ‘hot chick’, i can see everyone around me that are checking her out. and they have NO idea that i’m doing that.
and i can see the WAY they check her out, how OFTEN they turn their heads. how LONG they stare at her. WHERE they are staring.
this is how i know someone is lying to me.
the TIMING of their response. their SUBTLE facial expression, which usually is stoic. but i know the difference.
their slight change in TONALITY.
and let me tell you. Se Will NOT tell you that they’re doing all this.
and if you’re not dominant Se. you have NO idea how this works. trust me.
i can smell lies from miles away.
i can see the facial expression over the phone.
i can also predict if someone is gonna turn into a hoe. hahaha no, seriously.
there are more examples.
i originally wanted to talk about Ne.
see, i have three Ne users in my family.
so. let me tell you. this is HOW I see Ne. @johnonymous!
- dirty. (from my perspective) let me rephrase. MESSY. CLEAN UP YO MESS! (especially dominant Ne)
- ADHD. great multitaskers. i have no idea how they do it.
- not sensitive to bad smell. or dirty stuff. indifferent towards ‘unclean’ objects. (from my perspective)
- where do they get all these ideas? how do they come up with them so fast? when does it stop? can we at least start on ONE freaking idea before you tell me your MORE NEW ideas???
- not enough. not satisfied. more. more. more. whatever it is. there needs to be more. it needs to grow. expand. or… just overthink the hell out of it.
- can’t enjoy the moment. always thinking about something.
- get overly excited about possibilities. they seem to enjoy the idea of having fun than actually having fun in that MOMENT.
- overwork their body. push their physical limit. mind over matter. sometimes too excessive.
- doesn’t enjoy food compared to me. texture over taste.
- doesn’t seem to MOVE ON from one thought. like a snowball effect. it gets bigger and bigger. turns into something else.
- great at seeing potential in people.
- good at understanding the whole idea of a person.
- can’t finish a project. usually. starts many projects, left unfinished.
- this is weird. but they seem to like structures. but always find a loophole and hacks it.
- they would have sex with things/people they shouldn’t have sex with.