Introduce Yourselves!

Duplicate thread from the last one because the last one locks out some members for mysterious reasons.

Until we get to the bottom of it, I’ll just continue on with this thread! So make sure to introduce yourself if you haven’t already! If you’d like to check out all the old intros, the old thread is here: Introduce yerself: What’s your MBTI!

Hallo everyone!
I am bad at remembering names and icons and faces, so I need a list of who is who and who is what so that I may judge all your talkings “objectively”.

You may also list your astrologies and other stats such as fave colour or True Name if you want. ‘v’ Gimme all the esoteric infos.

For example:
Prax: INTJ (or so i think), Leo Sun, Leo Moon, Taurus Rising.

HERE IS A SUGGESTED INTRODUCTION OUTLINE WRITTEN BY SUPERNOKTURNAL:

Here is our stat counter so far, with most recently added @puck!

INFJ: 22
INFP: 4
INTJ: 2
ENTP: 1
ENFJ: 1
ESTP: 1

TOTAL: 31

ASTROLOGY LIST:
Taurus: 2 (taurus moon, scorpio rise), (?)
Gemini: 3 (capricorn moon, libra rise), (taurus moon, cancer rise), (scorpio moon, aquarius rise)
Cancer: 1 (?, gemini rise)
Leo: 1 (leo moon, taurus rise)
Virgo: 4 (sag moon, libra rise), (pisces moon, libra rise), (scorpio moon, ?), (cancer moon, leo rise)
Libra: 4 (leo moon, aquarius rise), (aquarius moon, virgo rise), (gemini moon, libra rise), (taurus moon, capricorn rise)
Scorpio: 3 (cancer moon, taurus rise), (gemini moon, libra rise), (?, ?)
Sagittarius: 5 (gemini moon, taurus rise), (scorpio moon, capricorn rise), (gemini moon, virgo rise), (capricorn moon, cancer rise), (libra moon, sag rise)
Capricorn: 2 (cancer moon, aries rise), (pisces moon, libra rise)
Aquarius: 1 (libra moon, cancer rise)
Pisces: 2 (?, ?), (scorpio moon, virgo rise)
Unknown: 3

Elemental score (moon + rising signs added too if available):
Earth: 21
Water: 21
Air: 23
Fire: 13

We seem to have a fairly even grouping of the elements except FIRE! Maybe that means this group is a lot less assertive than the general population! Note the lack of ARIES!

The INTJ vs. INFJ view on love
Introduce yerself: What's your MBTI!
TEST/POLL : how well developed is your Se?
The Philosophy of the Stellarmaze Forum

Well, everything is already said in other threads :joy: But I would like to remark that English isn’t even my second language, so be indulgent! Checking every single sentence’s grammar is exhausting, so let me know if you cant even understand :blush:

Hi Prax et al!

I’m INFJ male (self proclaimed, I might’ve slightly mistyped myself)
Zodiac sign Cancer, Ascendant Libra, Moon in Gemini.

I’ll start on a dramatic note and say that the past year was a nightmare. I started psychologically disintegrating under the stress of moving abroad and taking on too much at work. At some point I started feeling completely dissociated from my body, with foggy brain, with almost no short term memory, not able to complete simple tasks at work or make trivial decisions at home without external help. I lost weight, didn’t sleep, felt worthless and hopeless. It was scary. After harassing regular doctors for a while (I suspected some terminal disease, of course) I ended up in the therapist’s office. That brain fog turned out to be suppressed panic attacks which I now deal with almost daily. In addition to therapy I tried several kinds of antidepressants, yoga, meditation, acupuncture, journalling, but still experiencing the panic. I’m getting better, but painfully slowly. I think I have some form of PTSS because when I’m near the office, I start throwing up :confused: Actually throwing up like Stan from Southpark when he saw Wendy.

The positive side-effect of all this is that I became much more self-aware and self/others-accepting. It’s been a rough journey of self-discovery and facing truths about myself. Man, so much childhood crap and society bullshit had to be peeled away. In this self-discovery process I stumbled upon the MBTI questionnaire online and decided to give it a go. To my huge surprise the results perfectly summed up almost a year of insights on the therapist’s couch. Boy that was a relief to find out that I’m not broken and crazy. Well, actually I am, but at least now I know why it happened to me. I guess I put myself into circumstances that were unbearable for my INFJ wiring (big corporation, open floor plans, chaotic work process, open ended tasks, etc) and forced myself to endure all this for a long time, because it was “the right thing to do”. I ignored the signals that my body was giving me way in advance. Essentially I tried to be the opposite of who I am (I always admired ENTJ/ESTP types). I devalued my Ni and ignored my Fe and instead I relied heavily on Ti and engaged a lot in Se activities like heavy workouts, drinking, etc.

But not all is bad. Turns out my wife is an INFJ, too. She is more in tune with herself and I’m learning a lot from her. Career-wise I feel like I can get myself back together by focusing on my core skill - UX design. It has a creative component to it and it also implies helping people do things on a computer. I am following Blake’s advice to strengthen my Fe. I’m doing Morning pages, trying to “flow without knowing”, helping strangers on the street, sharing feelings with friends - all that feels really good.

So this is me. Nice to meet you all! I won’t apologize for the super long post and my English (although I want to), because I know you’ll understand :slight_smile: I’m really glad I found Blake’s blog and this forum. Blake, you do save lives!

Looking forward to learning from all of you and hope to give something in return.

Now I have to turn off Ti and stop re-reading this post…

YES NICE! RARE INFJ MALES! lol
Welcome @stranded!

That sounds familiar! I went through something similar while on fieldwork placements during my Masters, but I think I was fizzing out on being required to use too much Fe! I too had many suppressed panic attacks and high incompetence with retaining anything. I got better, but moreso from a change in lifepath/perspective (aka, dumped my masters and changed career path completely so I wouldn’t have to deal with “people” on an extended basis while half-pretending to care about them. PHEW! lol).

And you definitely… need not feel shy about yoru language skills whe n i am here leaving in my tyois like a delight hahaha

INFJ: 23
INFP: 4

TOTAL: 32

ASTROLOGY LIST:
Gemini: 3 (capricorn moon, libra rise), (taurus moon, cancer rise), (scorpio moon, aquarius rise)
Cancer: 2 (?, gemini rise), (gemini moon, libra rise)
Virgo: 4 (sag moon, libra rise), (pisces moon, libra rise), (scorpio moon, ?), (cancer moon, leo rise)
Libra: 4 (leo moon, aquarius rise), (aquarius moon, virgo rise), (gemini moon, libra rise), (taurus moon, capricorn rise)
Sagittarius: 5 (gemini moon, taurus rise), (scorpio moon, capricorn rise), (gemini moon, virgo rise), (capricorn moon, cancer rise), (libra moon, sag rise)
Aquarius: 1 (libra moon, cancer rise)

Water: 22
Air: 25
Fire: 13

Thank you @Prax!

This is spot on. The open floor plan and communication chaos actually could’ve put my Fe into overdrive.
I’m afraid it’s a bit late for me to completely change my career path, however I was thinking to find a way to work remotely. That way, just like you said, I could half-pretend to care about humanity from afar :sunglasses: I’ll just need to work on my discipline to not turn into a cave man.

23 infjs my goodness. This stuff is so interesting…Not just for infj!!!

This is slightly bothering me. Not about this forum, but on the internet in general. Maybe it’s my confirmation bias or something like that, but I have an impression that there much more INFJs around than it is believed. For the rarest personality type, there’s a lot of attention to it and a lot of “omg, that’s me!” reactions online. Maybe this is because INFJs are more likely to be interested in the type theory? Or maybe many people mistype themselves? Or this is some kind of a worldwide conspiracy? :sunglasses:

I don’t know the answer to that. And how does one get good stats. Every time I have known an infj though they have seemed to be a rare kind of person:)

A lot of people who are INFP or ENFP type themselves as INFJ, I think!
Sometimes it takes a while to really figure out though, because INFJ are “rare” so it bestows a special preciousness in status usually (everyone idealizes UNDERSTANDING PEOPLE DEEPLY and lots believe they have that insight even if they don’t), and people will be stubborn to “give up” that identity. lol

But also, INFJ are highly interested in type theory because it lets them know more about themselves (which they are very into lol) and other people (because that’s their jam), so there will be a lot who are just naturally into this, psychology, and astrology. All kind of Ni spectrum things that honors use of Fe/Fi. Plus… Blake himself probably gained most popularity and interest from his dressing down of INFJ posts. hahah
It’s like how reddit or other online tech forums have overrepresentative amounts of INTP and INTJ. Those kind of formats for “objective discussion” draw those particular types in.

I am probably INTJ so I think the Fe stress was double overloading for me. I mean I “care” about people in a general humanitarian sense, but like… yeah… I had to really figure out that doesn’t mean I wanna learn about their specific personal problems and hold their hand through it. hahha I have to save my limited energy for the precious few.

Hello all, I am hikaru! I just thought I should introduce myself as I have been lurking around this forum since forever :sweat_smile:

I think I am an INFP (Aquarius, Leo Rising and Scorpio Moon). At one point I thought I am an INFJ (thanks to my Scorpio moon giving me all the intense emotions) but I think I aligned more with the INFP’s temperament, I suppose? I am still learning about MBTI and astrology, and I find this forum really provides a lot of wonderful insights :smile:

Nice to meet you all! And @Ankh, I just wanted to say your honesty is really inspiring and thank you for being brave enough to share your deepest and darkest thoughts!

Hikaru, you are added in to the grand list!

A lot of fixed signs in the forefront! You must be a rather stubborn INFP! lol

INFJ: 23
INFP: 5

TOTAL: 33

ASTROLOGY LIST:
Cancer: 2 (?, gemini rise), (gemini moon, libra rise)
Aquarius: 2 (libra moon, cancer rise), (scorpio Moon, leo rise)

Water: 23
Air: 26
Fire: 14

Welcome to the maze, @hikaru!

It makes me very happy that my expressions are inspiring to you! I hope to make it easier for others to express so freely. We’re all here to learn and most importantly, have fun!

hey Stranded! hahah your name, i feel weird calling you that like
"you’re stranded!"
anyways, welcome here homie! get involved !

Essentially I tried to be the opposite of who I am (I always admired ENTJ/ESTP types). I devalued my Ni and ignored my Fe and instead I relied heavily on Ti and engaged a lot in Se activities like heavy workouts, drinking, etc.

i know what you mean by this.
i had INFJ friend who tried doing this because he didn’t embrace his ‘INFJ-ness’ for a long time.
i’m so glad you came to realiziation of your natural psyche makeup.

i really admire INFJs. they have things i can’t ever have!

and those Fe of yours are powerful man. it can heal people.

most my ‘healing’ happened through INFJ friends.
because they loved me and embraced me almost unconditionally.

in this dog on dog world, where it feels like it’s the survival of the fittest. we need some oasis-like resting place. and INFJs contribute a whole lot when it comes down to it.

you can offer something ESTP/ENTJ can never offer.

anyhow, we want to hear more from you !

Exact figures are hard to come by, but in my observations INFJs are one of the rarest types (in Western nations, at least).

Even at MBTI-themed gatherings in the real world (such as conferences, training courses or meetings of my local type interest group) we are still one of the smallest groups. ENFPs are massively overrepresented at these events (you can tell by the sheer noise levels alone…), while ESXP types are practically non-existent.

But on the internet it is quite different. Bare in mind that even if only 1% of people are INFJs, that still gives a world population of at least 75 million INFJs. And until very recently, most INFJs had no way of finding out why they always felt so different from the majority of other people.

The rise of the internet has changed all that, and so many INFJs (as well as the wannabees) are now discovering Jung’s typology and connecting with their fellow introverted intuitive types for the first time via cyberspace. I believe this is why we seem to be overrepresented on the internet.

Yes, thank you for this!

Hello!! I’m iamrl and I think I’m an infj (or isfj since there’s such a large range for isfj that I really don’t know what I’m talking about anymore…so maybe someone could help here.)

I would have been content lurking here for ever (I’ve been reading this since almost the start and it makes me feel weird to tell you guys but o well) because I’m broke and I’m cheap…but then @piggie showed off her amazing psychic skills and I, being a fumbling fool with astrology, decided I had to join to learn how she managed to get basically everything right on basically nothing.

I’m Cap sun with Sag moon and asc by the way for @Prax’s records.

show off your chart too!

i wonder who else is lurking… i never thought there are more people here than the ones i’m talking to…
let me know if you’re a broke person but you can’t afford to join the forum because of $6.
i’ll donate. it’ll make this place more dynamic

oh wait, they can’t let me know because they can’t join…

join! and then i’ll donate afterwards!

Ahhh how are you so nice?? I don’t know how to respond…