Introduce Yourselves!

Hi @Prax! Yes, I definitely get Ti burnout. Also, I’ve spent a lot of time in the Ni-Ti loop. Dreadful. I wish I would have realized sooner in my life how necessary writing was to my happiness. Better late than never I guess.

As do I. :cry:

Is it not truly INFJ to be taking the long and winding roads? hahhaha

“Fe looping back and then proceeding forward again. Typical.”

Even eithout Ni-Ti looping, you’d still be going in loops in some sense. It is but your way.

Oops, somehow I missed this thread and have just been creepily lurking around. Am correcting that now.

INFJ
Female - 30’s

Sun - Aries
Moon - Scorpio
Ascendant - Libra
Also: Venus in Pisces (trine moon), Pluto in 1st House Scorpio, Mars/Chiron conjunction in 8th House Gemini, Mercury/Jupiter in Aries (sextile Mars), Saturn/Uranus in Sagittarius trine sun

When I learned all of the above (and decided to take astrology with some seriousness), my personality suddenly made 1000X more sense.

I’ve been into Myers-Briggs for over five years now, astrology only about a year. I find this site…fascinating. Lots of original ideas that I haven’t encountered elsewhere and that have been illuminating (the id and superego function stuff especially). At the same time, also stuff I don’t agree with (all INFJs being Type 4s, some of the stuff on INFJs and relationships, some of the celebrity typing). But hey! It’s interesting!

In the rest of my life: I’m in the final year of getting a masters degree in counseling. I used to be a teacher, and sometimes I still do that for extra $$$. I also do a ton of personal art and writing that I have not figured out what to do with other than amass them in my house. And use as a substitute for having an actual autobiographical memory.

Also who comes up with these usernames? This isn’t the same as my site username…

Merry Christmas!

You can change your username by clicking on the gear icon under your avatar in top-right corner of screen. Then click the pencil icon next to user name to edit.

However, if you have been a Starling subscriber for more than 30 days you can no longer change your username unless you contact an admin (me or Prax).

Want me to remove those stupid numbers that the system automatically assigns on sign-up?

OK, welcome! And have a holly jolly Christmas :grinning:

Yes, if you can remove those numbers so that I’m just “Nirdre,” that would be amazing. I’ve definitely been a subscriber for more than 30 days at this point.

Thank you, and merry Christmas to you too!

So, why not…

I’m an INTJ female: Scorpio Sun, Cancer Moon, Sagittarius Rising. Combining astrology and typology can make for a workable model, I believe. Even though I’m certain INTJ is my actual type, I find there are still things I would like to ‘get’ better.

Anyhow, I’m currently reading the article on Fi, which I believe is a somewhat misunderstood function. I look forward to learning more!

Welcome!

I think Fi is misunderstood too:)

Welcome @Honey! Welcome @nirdre!

Thanks!

It’s only fairly recently that I’ve managed to grasp Fe intellectually, and now I understand how odd Fi must seem to the non-user. The fact that these two judgers are built quite differently adds to the confusion too. Fe is fluid and very refined, Fi is primal and deals in absolutes.

Hey honey,

I had the opposite experience as an ENTP with tertiary Fe. It was really surprising to me when I grasped Fi. It was just weird to me that it was a thing. I think the attitudinal opposites of each function are pretty radically diverse. I tend to think this is where MBTI folks are the most incorrect. Leads to constant mischaracterization of types like ISFP for example.

Fi is definitely like a human experience that I am basically unfamiliar with. I trust it exists. I see the symptoms of it haha. It’s like dark matter. The equation calls for its existence so I grant its existence.

Hi Honey! Make sure you stick around for a while :grinning:

[quote=“johnonymous, post:407, topic:74”]
Hey honey,

I had the opposite experience as an ENTP with tertiary Fe. It was really surprising to me when I grasped Fi. It was just weird to me that it was a thing. I think the attitudinal opposites of each function are pretty radically diverse. I tend to think this is where MBTI folks are the most incorrect. Leads to constant mischaracterization of types like ISFP for example. [/quote]

In my case, there’s a correlation with the rank of the function. I’m unable to grasp Si, whereas Ne and Ti were fairly easily to understand. They didn’t come across as that different when compared to Fe- Fi.

I feel quite relieved that you have done so, for had you not, the consequences would have been unimagenable! Therefore, I bestow upon you the accolade of ENTP.

A couple of weeks ago, I exchanged a few songs (with an INFJ) that expressed Fi quite beautifully. Images and songs can be good additions in explaining functions.

Hi Blake, that’s my intention :wink:

@nirdre Welcome! Ah yes, astrology is so fun! You sound intense star-wise! I myself tend to ignore enneagram hahha. I haven’t foudn total use for it yet, but mainly because I can’t wrap my head around the numerology vs personality correspondences, so I can’t remember what type is what. I love using art as autobiography, so I think even if that is all you use it for, good enough!

@Honey Yes more INTJ! Yell at everyone! :smiley: I think I waver between understanding a function like Fe and then forgetting it even exists sometimes. I usually have to go over with a post-analysis to understand “what just happened” with interactions between people haha. Cancer moon though! Maybe gives you a better grasp of Fe than most intj?

@jessie RETROACTIVELY EDIT POST TO INCLUDE YOU! Yesss… someone who will YELL FOR REAL at people! :DDDD I see Johno outs himself immediately for attentions and maybe you were correct calling him ENFP at first all along! What if people do think you are an asshole but a fun one, thus free passes. HAHAH (or you honestly don’t even realize it. I wouldn’t put it past an ENTJ!)

LIST:

INFJ: 38
INFP: 11
INTJ: 7

ENFJ: 6
ENFP: 1
ENTJ: 1
ENTP: 2
ESTP: 1

TOTAL: 67

ASTROLOGY LIST:
Aries: 4 (?, ?), (aries moon, libra rise), (leo moon, sagittarius rise), (scoprio moon, libra rise)
Taurus: 3 (taurus moon, scorpio rise), (?), (saggittarius moon, leo rising)
Gemini: 5 (capricorn moon, virgo rise), (taurus moon, cancer rise), (scorpio moon, aquarius rise), (capricorn moon, capricorn rise), (sagittarius moon, ?), (cancer moon, capricorn rise)
Cancer: 6 (?, gemini rise), (gemini moon, libra rise), (cancer moon, virgo rise), (taurus moon, aries rise), (aries moon, leo rise), (cancer moon, cancer rise)
Leo: 5 (leo moon, taurus rise), (pisces moon, ?), (taurus moon, cancer rise), (virgo moon, libra rise), (sagittarius moon, sagittarius rise)
Virgo: 6 (sag moon, libra rise), (pisces moon, libra rise), (scorpio moon, scorpio rise), (cancer moon, leo rise). (scorpio moon, aquarius rise), (scorpio moon, aquarius rise)
Libra: 7 (leo moon, aquarius rise), (aquarius moon, virgo rise), (gemini moon, libra rise), (taurus moon, capricorn rise), (aquarius moon, aries rise), (leo moon, aries rise), (aries moon, leo rise)
Scorpio: 5 (cancer moon, taurus rise), (gemini moon, libra rise), (?, ?), (leo moon, leo rise), (cancer moon, sagittarius rise)
Sagittarius: 7 (gemini moon, taurus rise), (scorpio moon, capricorn rise), (gemini moon, virgo rise), (capricorn moon, cancer rise), (libra moon, sag rise), (aries moon, capricorn rise), (aries moon, capricorn rise)
Capricorn: 6 (cancer moon, aries rise), (pisces moon, libra rise), (sag moon, sag rise), (? , ?), (leo moon, virgo rise), (leo moon, cancer rise)
Aquarius: 2 (libra moon, cancer rise), (scorpio moon, leo rise)
Pisces: 6 (?, ?), (scorpio moon, virgo rise), (libra moon, gemini rise), (taurus moon, libra rise), (capricorn moon, capricorn rise), (scorpio moon, taurus rise)
Unknown: 5

Elemental score (moon + rising signs added too if available):
Earth: 43
Water: 45
Air: 40
Fire: 49 <= FIRE NOW WINNING!

(rumdawg missing)

Hello! It’s about goddamn time you Stellars have an ENTJ join the ranks! It only took me reading approximately 2 articles to know it’s in my best interest to learn by engaging. But jiminy crickets where the hell are my fellow Te-Nis? Actually I know where they are, and it’s not on forums.

I am related to a certain ENTP on this forum and he is who has turned my brain on to MBTI and socionics, though I believe I’ll be leading him through the astrology part as I learn more. These things come naturally to me (Ni?) as do many things, as if I’ve learned them before and learning them now is just remembering. Astrology caught my eye some years back but MBTI didn’t until I learned recently about the 8 functions (or whatever you call them around here). Learning how the 8 functions all relate within one person (and now those functions relate with other another person’s functions) made much more sense (and is far more interesting) to me than the surface (shitty) understanding most people have of MBTI. blah de blah, it’s so easy to talk when everyone is listening :wink:

I’m very much in the absorb-as-much-info-as-possible mode so I’m not feeling very confident to do much more than speak from experience and ask questions, but I can imagine a future where the intricacies are more clear for me and where I can use this information as a stand-in for feeling emotion towards others :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you in advance for teaching me. Your welcome in advance for what I’ll teach you.

On with it! I’ll used [banned]'s outline:
-FEMALE ENTJ (let’s celebrate!)
-Leo with Sagittarius moon, Sag rising sign, and a lot of virgo + capricorn in my planets (this may be why some people don’t think I’m the asshole ENTJ that I am? Would love some insight here)
-28yo (peeps used to think I was older than I am but I think I’m catching up with my vibe)
-Drawing, reading
-Self-employed, co-own a creative business with ENFP partner.
-One of my fave artists is Egon Schiele. Another fave is ALL THE GOOD MUSICIANS like Elliott Smith, Tim Kasher, Kendrick Lamar, Chopin, Rachmaninov, James Blake, Nick Zammuto, Orlando Weeks
-Favorite books include The Poisonwood Bible, Grapes of Wrath, Letters from a Stoic, Slaughterhouse-Five, His Dark Materials trilogy, Harry Potter, The Great Gatsby, etc etc etc.
-goal in life… lots of goals… freedom, power/influence, inner peace amid outer chaos
-what I like about this forum… I haven’t read enough yet to know but so far I find it humorous how Blake bashes on ENTJs and non-entjs defend the ENTJs. BELIEVE HIM. and more than this we don’t need to be defended cuz we literally don’t care what you or blake thinks :slight_smile:
-Currently interested in making my business better, MBTI, and thinking about how to dodge evil things like monogamy, patriarchy, gender-roles, etc.
-Fave color black black black. When I was young and naive I liked yellow.

SO LET’S HANG OUT.

Good luck dogeing patriarchy!!

<3 YOUR OLDER BROTHER WITH BIRTHRIGHT

Best concert in my entire life. Glad to see this.

Welcome man!

oh my god an entj! welcome. how exciting!