Introduce Yourselves!

Miring and looping and trying to claw my way up and out…

Welcome, welcome!

Welcome dude! We need people like you here! Talk your shit!

Sad I had to join an internet forum to finally find acceptance :wink:

I don’t know what this means, but it’s dog eat dog out there in the real world.

We hope you feel right at home in the maze :wink:

Haha @SoundDesiign . It was tongue in cheek. I can tend to be abrasive in person initially to more sensitive types (or sometimes madly fallen in-love with) but the warm reception upfront is nice. So I dig feeling at home but it may have the threat of opening the flood gates for me and drowning you all in my awesomeness. But I’m a respectful dude and ask politely before “grabbing 'em by the pussy”. Not even sure what I’m talking about here but it’s fun. Introductions and talking about myself is awkward for me. Well…more for everyone else but I pretend to feel awkward too out of empathy.

Go nuts my man. Don’t mind if i grab some popcorn while your at it :wink: :smile:

I like you already. :hugs:

Agree with Sound… Bring it on!

Oh, how I love the INFJ masochism! They always underestimate my powers of torture and I always underestimate the extent of their self-loathing. I wonder how many jews are INFJs?

I know of an infj who tortured Jews.

For every infj you make cry a dictator gets its wings.

No reason to go easy on them. It’s cute when they get angry.

Hi everyone, long time reader of the maze and admitted lurker :grimacing: Been building up the energy to post for a while and what better time than when it’s slow? Being a reader of the maze has ruined me for most of the casual MBTI enthusiasts i meet so maybe posting here will be enough to get me involved… :grinning:

Glad to meet everyone!

Welcome, outsoul. I like your avatar pic!

Who are you? Whats your type? Give us some info. Template here:

Hello!
I wondered if the quiet calm would entice to new voices :slight_smile:️.

I had originally thought I would try to swoop in and intro myself without assigning myself an official type, but on second thought it seems antithetical to comment on others’ types and the general subject without offering my own self-assessment… So here ya go

INFJ - as far as I know, I question this almost weekly it seems, I bounce between INFP, INTJ, ENFJ, and sometimes INTP but have not been able to convince myself away from INFJ
Astro - Libra Sun, Taurus Moon, Sag ascendant
Just turned 30…
I have no favorite artists exactly but I do seem very millennial in my interests: story driven video games with strong characters and expansive worlds and ideas, youtube, electronic music (among most other genres)
I have trouble reading books or anything that I can’t finish mostly in a single sitting, I want to but I just can’t seem to focus properly. At the moment I’m part way through white fang and Secrets from a stargazer’s notebook but I can’t see myself finishing these for a while.
I lift weights, drive a manual car, and periodically hike; these things tether me to the physical world and keep me from sinking back into my skull but I wouldn’t say that they are my hobbies really, more like maintenance or self-care
My job is in engineering, and recently a more managerial role. This is very alien to me and extremely difficult but the suffering that I go through during the day trying to succeed here is very fulfilling and feels like I’m really satisfying something from a deep and true superego level. Like taking a step up the spiral dynamics ladder

At the moment, I’m very interesting in learning astrology. The idea of intuition based science that Blake mentioned recently has really inspired me in this direction and seems inseparable from human development - historically and in modern context…

Ooooh! Would love to see your birth chart man.

Welcome.

Thanks man!

I hope I can bring some fun discourse :wink:

Hi @soul and welcome to the forum!

I know you haven’t completely settled on a type yet, but both the way you write in your introduction and the content itself are strongly indicative of either INFJ or INTJ, though I’d say INFJ because of the Ti-precision in your choice of words.

In fact, your writing style reminds me of my own; I am another INFJ who works in a highly technical field (forensic science). Although I can choose to adopt a different style according to the medium (story-telling, scientific reports, social chit-chat etc), my natural style is somewhat formal and precise.

However, I was born and educated in England, so part of that may be down to my upbringing!

Intuition based science is what I’m all about, so we probably have a lot to talk about on the forum. I’ve written a bit about this in other threads, but to briefly summarise in astrological terms, science can be studied and applied from a highly rational and reductionist perspective (which correlates to Mercury), or from a more holistic, intuitive perspective (which correlates to Jupiter).

Historically, both approaches were valued more-or-less equally and scholars in ancient times were free to choose that which suited their innate temperament. But since the Enlightenment, the Mercury-reductionist approach has been in the ascendant, and its influence has gradually spread far beyond science to cover pretty much everything that can be learned or studied academically (including the Arts as well as softer sciences like psychology).

Hi Stewart!

Yes to my modern indoctrinated instincts, even talking about intuition based science seems like almost an infraction. How can you really KNOW a thing without proving it step by step through a rigorous scientifically methodical approach? It seems wrong, yet this Jupiterian approach as you say (I need to read into this, very interesting) just WORKS. No need for spreadsheets and flowcharts in every case, just some trust in a master and his/her craft! I’d love to hear more about your experience with this in forensics, I feel like your success in that field - tied to law and delicate matters with far-reaching consequences - is a great endorsement.

For now I’ve got to get some sleep but i’ll start a new thread tomorrow :+1: Thanks for the welcome!!

Before I lose it though, my initial thought is that the Mercury v Jupiter approaches sounds similar to the American republican v democratic bipartisan system. Obviously its not a perfect system in practice but the general idea, where you have 2 equal but somewhat opposite camps pushing and pulling each other towards a balanced center, can be a very healthy kind of relationship. But how do you pull a system back together when one side has all but dominated the other? Especially in a system so convinced of it’s righteousness? Alright thats all I got :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m out!

Hello Stellarmazians…I’m a bit late to the party but I’ve finally decided to come out of the shadows and introduce myself.

Also, if you have any insights about my mbti type / astro chart, I welcome it.

mbti type: test as an INFJ, but typed as an ENFJ, Enneagram 3 by Blake

astrology sign: libra sun, scorpio ascendant, scorpio moon

hobby: dancing, traveling, going to live shows, scuba diving/pretty much anything that requires being in the ocean, recreational drug use :wink:

favorite artist: depends on the art form though I don’t think I necessarily have a favorite

favorite book : again, I have a hard time with favorites especially when it comes to books and films

goal in life: to never stop discovering, learning, and evolving… to live as freely as possible…to truly be alive while I’m here, and ultimately face death without fear or regret

favorite quote: Now I definitely can’t just choose one.

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -Carl Jung

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music .” –Frederich Niezsche

“We all fear death and question our place in the universe. The artist’s job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.” – Woody Allen

“No one outside ourselves can rule us inwardly. When we know this, we become free.” – Buddha

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - J.R.R. Tolkein

“It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” —J.K. Rowling

what I like about this forum: its perspectives and insights

current interest: confronting my inner demons

favorite color: black and sapphire for anyone who says black isn’t a color

Nice to finally “meet” you all.