Let's Arting! Visual Arts and Doodlings thread! WIPs welcome! (NSFW?)

I know at least some of you doodle and art. Maybe you don’t feel they belong in Morning Pages because it’s “serious work” or a myriad of many reasons.
But you wanna share your brain-to-hand stuff or work on something with everyone else anyway!

Let’s make a productive and supportive environment FOR ARTINGS!

• Post your workings! Doodles, paintings, crafts, sculpture, things to see!
  • No pressure to comment or critique one another!
  • Feel free to leave drive-by posts as a way to overcome your fears!
  • Amateurs, Hobbyists, Pros, and anything else welcome!
  • WIPs = work-in-progress stuff
  • Thread is possibly NOT SAFE FOR WORK due to… image content. Browse at your own risk (but keep it classy lol).

MANY EXCLAMATIONS BECAUSE I LIKE ART AND HAVE BEEN AWAKE 24+ HOURS ON AFTER-ART HIGH!!!

So because supernocturnal inspired me to dig up my cosmology document, I started thinking about my stories and characters and wandered off thinking about one of them that I really like but haven’t developed and haven’t drawn seriously for almost a decade.

I decided to go try to find the old references, but realized I did not digitize/scan them in and had to go into my file folders and dig through them manually. I found a couple of them, btu alas, not the right one. No matter, I could redesign her…

So here are my ballpoint pen doodles of her old design and a redesign for her secondary uniform since momentarily can’t find the original design (can you tell my organizational tendencies by how I try to sign, name, and date even my doodles so I can file them PROPERLY in order later? lol):

And then after playing all night with my friend and having pizza, and instead of going to bed, I decided to try to do a “quick” coloured work of her on the computer… but it took 4 hours anyway…

But… COOL! Character come to life kinda! Warms my heart, gives me an art high and causes a manic energy that keeps me from going to bed (I proceeded to waste 4 more hours staying up and then making this thread…).

Sopista-Relaia’s a seraph who was created by was unstable, so she split in two and lost two of her wings in the process, however, her split form was always kind of unstable so they are put into a stable host as a container. She is sometimes able to take over the host in her merged form for limited amounts of time. So this is her limited amounts of time form. The markings on her face are in a constant kind of flux so it looks like constant pools of tears streaming, but it’s more a marking of her choatic nature.

I wanna draw more but I am definitely too tired and already crashed my computer once because it apparently doesn’t have enough ram for this so… I am… hopefully… chilling until sleep coma. :cat2:

Yes!! Arts!!!
I forgot, your art thread also reminded me. I was trying to think of an artist you might like, but I am but a pleb. i don’t know many things about actual fine art world or illustrators by name.

Grasshopper as an omen to Blake. Hahah!
You could probably hone yourself to draw really well too since you are naturally very sensual! Or perhaps would make a good model/suicide girl as you add your tattoos.

Here’s a series of drawings I made that you might also like to look at (I know I do). :cat:
I am not super sensual myself, so these sexier kind of drawings only come in spurts:

Hmm… should this thread have a NSFW warning? Probably.

Not sure why one of the images doesn’t size right… the safest for viewing one too… haha

Omg…

You’re such a pro Prax! I would totally buy any illustrated book you publish… actually… any book… but illustrations would make me shell out more money :stuck_out_tongue: have you ever considered doing this professionally? Or that would take the joy out of it?

How do you come up with names for your characters??

And I love these two the most…

This one because of the expression in his eyes…

And this one because it’s so romantic…

My office desk doodledums are dumb… into intestines today hehehe :smile_cat:

Gulp!! This is hot!! Let’s see some money shots!!!

Maybe it’s a good thing I can’t draw like this, Prax. If I could, I would be in my room all day making my dirty visions come to life! lol!

I really need to slow down and read. @Prax, I already have a lot of tattoos. Although, I do have a lot of space. I have a 3/4 sleeve. Something on the back of my neck, something on my wrist, and of course, my first - an ankh on my lower back. My belly/torso is next. Then maybe something on my naked arm, then my back, oh, and I can’t forget my legs (thighs). I don’t believe I’ll ever go below the knee or on my chest. I want to keep those areas nakey.

Someone once told me I should do suicide girls long ago. I used to think about, but I have different things on my mind these days.

Can we give you suggestions/juice for more “coming spurts”?

@piggie! I love your stick peoples! They remind me of ancient cave drawings. Old. Love.

Ohhh, how nice! I was wondering if there would ever be an art thread.

I’m snowed in from work at the moment so snuck in some playtime on that edges2cats site people were having a ball with a month or so ago.

A cat who is not the handsomest or the smartest…but is trying his best in this cruel world. :cat2:

Love them all, separately and together.

Drew this very hastily for my best friend’s birthday:

STFU.

Hahaha! Got this error message while trying to send that - “Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?”

Even Stellar Maze knows when you’re throwing shade haha :ok_hand:

And whaaat, I was going to meet her for breakfast before she left for Fall break that same day (back in November) and I was procrastinating through the night so I ended having to gloss over a ton of details and just fucking get something on the paper that resembled a complete flower. I was still drawing literally minutes before I met up with her.

In this context, STFU means, “this is what you “hastily” drew?!?!” I can hastily draw a line, that’s about it.

It’s excellent. I love it! And I’m sure she did as well. :heart_decoration:

Ahh, I see!

And thank you! She did :stuck_out_tongue:. I drew it on the first page of a sketchbook I gave her and underneath I wrote “Never forget to express yourself.”

@piggie
I like your… ghost teeth! That’s what they look like to me. Alternating teeth with brains haha.

:smiley: And thank you! I used to want to, but I grew incressingly aware at my rebellious spirit against it.
I am bad at mixing art x money! I always get really artblocked or a building feeling of discontent as I tie the art with money. I think it’s because I don’t like feel like I am being controlled or under obligation (could be a sun/moon square saturn thing lol). I used to take commissions, but after a couple I’d start feeling really annoyed and get slower and slower at finishing my queue until it just got embarrassing. Thus… I have decided… NEVER AGAIN!

So yeah, now I just do it for fun with secret hopes people will throw money at me for “no reason whatsoever” haha.

My naming comes from my mood and phase of interest (had a real big Japanese phase for a few of these characters, so it’s all Hiryuu, Jin, Seishi, Lei, Shinyuu… But I tried to fix that by making up my own language?? I mean the names are the same, but I reverse-engineered it to work for the new language and mean… something else? Haha). I also like how certain sounds go together or give an impression, so I sometimes just stick a bunch together to achieve an “effect” I like. Sopista-Relaia is a kind of mix of the Hagia Sophia and a videogame magic spell. (I also add lots of 'e’s at the end of names if they are popular names just to keep my characters separate from the general populace for easier searches). Half the characters featured here are from my cousin or friend!

@Ankh
BUT THAT IS PART OF THE FUN. Stay in room and just draw whatever dirty (or pure haha) stuff you want. ;D
I use my characters often as proxies to understand different people, although some people more take their characters on as personal avatars, but I somewhat similarly vicariously see the world through them and it’s pretty fun.

Wow! That is a lot you are planning for! My husband also enjoys getting tattoos. His whole back is covered as well as both forearms and upper arms and calves. I designed most of his back piece by piece, but that was when I was younger so… I sometimes cringe a bit at the “old art” even though some of them are still decent. I think that’s what keeps me from getting anything (besides aversion to pain/discomfort). I don’t want to have to sigh at my “old art” and see mistakes.

I don’t know if I will ever get to the suggestions but I might give it a shot since those “steamy” images don’t take too much time usually! Suggest away! I’ll probably just wedge my characters into it and feel fulfilled by that alone.

@Wendy
He seemed like an earnest cat at first but in his furred picture, looks a bit JUDGMENTAL for someone who is on the same boat as all of us… trying to make it through this awful existence… haha.

@lunar
What do you mean by separate and together? Hahaha. Just makes me think of splitting up the couples images. ‘-’ Mmnh… angst!!

@Kevin.K
Oooh! Good! Better done than none! Does your friend make art too?
I am very bad at drawing flowers. I have no patience for all the petals and symmetry so I’m always in awe at people’s patience when drawing flora and fauna.

Together and separate… Just means I like how they make a nice collection.

THIS IS VERY INVOLVED SUGGESTION LOL

I might only be able to do some of the details haha, but we’ll see!

I haven’t even been on Stellarmaze much for the last few days because my last art mania stint wrecked my sleep schedule for a while. So I am wary…! Maybe this is like… Fe-maximum for a type that should be doing Fe-minimums. lol

OKAY, FINE!

Just a dick-pic then. I tried to be romantic. I dunno…maybe that’s my challenge to you, @Prax. Make a dick-pic that is romantic. :banana::revolving_hearts::heart_eyes:

man, it is so much easier to get infp to draw romantic dick pics, they get shameless then all ashamed then back to shamelessly pleased

my infp friend is suggesting something awful on top of this (but really it’s because she wants to see it), so maybe I will get around to it tomorrow :smiley:

EDIT: I was asleep for 12 hours since finally my weekend is starting and I come back to this INFP message:
"WHERE PENIS!!!
PENISSSS!!"
I assume she is representative of most INFP and that every INFP here “secretly” also wants to see me draw a penis.

That’s like my mantra - “WHERE PENIS, WHERE PENIS, OMMMMMM.”

Yeah @Prax, wtf! -Where’s our penis!!!

Lol not really haha;)