MBTI Questions

How does knowing someone’s type benefit you? Do you think it is important to know someone’s type, and if so, why?

Do you treat people differently according to their type? How does knowing someone’s type impact the way you treat them or think about them?

Have you ever mistyped someone, found out their true type, and then started to think about them differently or treat them differently?

Do you believe MBTI is objectively accurate? Why or why not?
Additionally, what form of typology (Enneagram, MBTI, NERIS, etc) do you believe is the most accurate? Why?

Do you think MBTI helps with relationship compatibility?

Do you prefer MBTI methods to be more nuanced or more broad?

Do you prefer MBTI to be concrete or fluid?

Do you think types can change? if so, how often and why

Do you like being your type, and if you are mistyped, will you be okay?

Is there a type you don’t want to be? Why?

Does MBTI define you or the other way around?’

Do you think MBTI has changed your perspective on yourself and others? If so, how?

Did MBTI change your life? If so, do you think it made your life better or worse?”

What is individuation to you?

You should introduce yourself in the introduction thread Anthony.

A lot of questions so I’ll skip to the easy ones.

Do you think it is important to know someone’s type, and if so, why?

Not necessarily. Depends on who wants to know and why.

Do you treat people differently according to their type? How does knowing someone’s type impact the way you treat them or think about them?
&
Have you ever mistyped someone, found out their true type, and then started to think about them differently or treat them differently?

Cant say, I don’t know anyone’s ‘true type’. I have my guess but it is only ever a guess. On learning someone’s type, it might spark an aha! Or ‘huh’ and I might reframe things that didn’t make sense but essentially the person is still the same person, you might approach certain things in a different way though if you were trying to resolve something or find a better way to relate to someone.

Skipskipskip

Not as a predictor necessarily but as an aide to help existing relationships yes.

Skip skip skip

Yes thanks. I think I’ll cope. Like? What’s to like or not like. I think that’s weird. I’m not picking a dress for an occasion. (…the dress picks me… :nauseated_face:)

No. I am who I am, whatever type that might be or not be. I would prefer to have a type to focus on to help zone in on what might be most useful to help problem areas. Like skin type. Nice to have a ball park assessment so i can use the right products.

Skip

Do you think MBTI has changed your perspective on yourself and others? If so, how?
Yes. It’s helped me disentangle my Self from others. Seperate where needed and gain a clearer perspective of who I am, why that might be, and how I can help myself be happier and healthier etc etc. Which in turn helps me interact better with others.

Awareness of and honouring who you are, who others are, the similarities and the differences.

Ok that’s enough for now.

Yeah @anthony196773 introduce yourself! Or at least talk about your Tinder experiences in greater detail.

How does knowing someone’s type benefit you? Do you think it is important to know someone’s type, and if so, why?

It’s interesting, and if I ever actually get the system down it provides a useful language for interpreting and predicting behavior patterns. Don’t think it’s important to know, just supplementary.

No, but I see it happen on here all the time. I kinda like it tho, seeing certain types thrown out as shorthand insults. I tend find those little reminders that people are petty and awful pretty humorous.

Not really? All that changes is the language I use to explain them, which deepens my understanding of the nuances of the system. It’s the same with astrology. It’s all subjective bullshit anyway.

Do you believe MBTI is objectively accurate? Why or why not?
Additionally, what form of typology (Enneagram, MBTI, NERIS, etc) do you believe is the most accurate? Why?

Nope, think it’s a subjective beast often wearing a cloak of objectivity. I’ve been learning OPS (https://www.objectivepersonality.com) based on MBTI and it’s pretty interesting. Don’t know enough about other typology systems to have an opinion on accuracy.

I think it can.

Do you prefer MBTI methods to be more nuanced or more broad?

I prefer maximum specificity possible, so nuance is necessary.

Do you prefer MBTI to be concrete or fluid?

Concrete (and nuanced enough to allow for it to be concrete).

Do you think types can change? if so, how often and why?

No, I think you are what you are. But I enjoy Blake’s idea that evolved types start to look like other types. Still picking that one apart.

I’m not totally sure my type is accurate (for specific reasons I won’t get into here), but it’s an ok fit as far as I currently understand MBTI and there’s plenty I like about the label I have. If I am mistyped I’ll be fine and not that surprised though some alternate typings would definitely surprise me.

Dear God, please don’t let me be a sensor, my perceived intellectual superiority is all I have. Just kidding, sensors forever!

Does MBTI define you or the other way around?

The latter.

Yeah, it’s broadened it and given me more options for communicating what I perceive.

Did MBTI change your life? If so, do you think it made your life better or worse?

My life is pretty much the same it just gave me a new way of wasting time. I almost entirely traded watching TV for hanging around this forum and I guess I would deem that an upgrade.

Moving from the south node to the north node. Too lazy to delve into this one any further.

Anthony, why don’t you answer your own survey?

I’ll feel more inclined to respond after that.

Because I have already discussed these questions with my colleagues and don’t have the desire to share my opinion but I thought it would be a decent gesture to share these questions because it brought up many intriguing discussions with people generally interested in typology.