(Not Quite So) Anonymous Typings

Hello! @Blake

I’ve decided to return after a (very) prolonged period of absence and abstinence. So I thought I would try my hand at starting a new thread again. Please let me know if this is inappropriate in any way, or if anything I request annoys you in the slightest.

Buuuuuuuuuut:

Cowabunga muh nipples!

What type is she?

What type is he?

I thought this might be weird, because these are people whom I’ve typed in real life. But I’d like to know what type you think they are just by looking at their photos.

Also, hi @Ankh!!!

Helllooooooo!!! :rainbow::kissing_heart:

And I’m very happy you did. I was wondering where you went. :relaxed:[quote=“Kevin.K, post:1, topic:184”]
So I thought I would try my hand at starting a new thread again. Please let me know if this is inappropriate in any way, or if anything I request annoys you in the slightest.
[/quote]

Wow, my Millennial rants must have really paid off!

Hey, no, I can tell you’re a man of great taste and distinction. You don’t annoy me in the slightest. And even if you did, it’d be fine. I mean, Prax is still around and she annoys the living hell out of me. I don’t mind being annoyed if it’s a good kind of annoyed. Plus, so much annoys me it’d be kind of futile to hope not to annoy me.

And besides the point really.

We are here for vigorous intellectual discussion (among other things), so, there is no not being annoyed in that endeavor. And there is no not double negatives in that endeavor too.

There is only one kind of girl that looks like this. An enneatype 3 ENFJ. Strong, strong, strong projection of the Ni-Se axis. With strong oinking feeling behind it.

He’s more variable in some way, so probaly Fe, and probaly Fe in the aux. ISFJ would be first choice, INFJ second choice. His impression is a lot less definite. He seems like a dominant introvert. His expression here indicates a sort of wry gleam in his eye and a slight smile. It suggest that Fe-Ti axis in the way that ISFJ and INFJ both have it constituted. Very subtle, flexible, clever, and intelligent. His eyes are smiling, like he knows something you don’t or is playing some kind of subtle trick on you. He seems very subtle and intelligent. And warm.

what i noticed about all the type 3 ENFJ, according your typings,

is that they all have this ‘looking up’ stare.

it’s intense.

and i can see why this is ‘sexy’ to you.

it’s like ‘i’m gonna devour the hell out of you’ look. (which i find repulsive)

but i can see why a lot of men would like this kind of look.

guys that likes to be dominated by a passionate women.

i feel like she’s gonna pull out a dildo and stick it up in my ass without my consent.

ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Rolling on the floor, laughing so hard my sombrero fell off, and I dropped my taco.

Thank you.

OMG YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT…MUAHAAHA…

One of the lab technicians is now looking at me strangely because I’m choking/laughing…

Before I read the other responses: I’ll describe my impressions of these folks and then maybe guess what type that means they are. I think I relate to people a bit like socionics describes so when I see people and think critical thoughts there is a good chance I am their supervisor, etc.

So the first image, I immediately think: fake, attention seeking, unconfident, anxious, needy, soft and projecting hard, etc. stubborn and wrong about shit.

Self assured about the wrong things and anxious about the wrong things.

She’s actively engaging with Fe and discarding it. Using Fe to say “I don’t do Fe. I see your rules and fuck them.” So this could be an ENFP with Fe
Id, or something.

She’s forcibly applying makeup. She’s memorizing Se. Se as an argument against what she thinks is controlling her.

Okay so she’s an ENFP.

HAHAHAHHA DAMN!

dude you’re a tough son of a gun.

you have to tell me how you met your wife.

no wonder you were attracted to her.

ISFP definitely doesn’t come off the way you described the girl above.

sheesh!

This guy’s eyes say “in another life I would have a blunt behind my ear.” Basically Amos tversky.

I’m going to say he’s a highly developed INTP.

HAHHAHAHAHA
what the heck man you’re cracking me up

now i can’t help but to see the man without that quote

Thanks Blake, this means a lot to me coming from someone like you :slight_smile:

I respect you and your perceptions tremendously. If you offered a class in university I’d sign up for it in less than a heartbeat, but I lament our current INTPized approach to higher education that is hostile to these kinds of topics.

It’s that auxiliary Te!

Existentialist at core; this resonates with me. I should strive toward a more perfect ironic detachment like the one you so naturally possess.

Ironically detached Socratic dialogue style, right.

I respect your perception, but must disagree with your judgment. Yes, there is projection of the Ni-Se axis, but not that of the ENFJ variety. And I do recognize there is a limit from what one can tell from a photograph as opposed to real-life interaction, but I have interacted with this girl on a weekly basis and she is not an ENFJ in my book. Pay closer attention to the eyes, and note how they differ from say, Erika’s eyes:

Here I respect your perception and your judgment. Again, there is a limit from what can be gleaned in a photograph, but I’d have come to same conclusion as you if I were presented with the same photograph. Below is another (albeit not so great) image if you want a different angle and expression:

Damn, what’s with all the hate haha? I can assure you that she’s real, not attention seeking, confident but not overly so, self-sufficient, hard and projecting hard, open-minded, and very right with respect to the realms of knowledge that she’s considered. Not to mention the fact that she’s incredibly accomplished.

I’m not sure how one can glean Fe from a neutral facial expression, and without reading a person’s writing or having heard them speak.[quote=“johnonymous, post:7, topic:184”]
She’s forcibly applying makeup. She’s memorizing Se. Se as an argument against what she thinks is controlling her.
[/quote]

How can you tell that she’s forcibly applying makeup? Could it be that she’s willingly applying makeup because she possesses Se, and this naturally appeals to her Se aesthetic?

Haha, I agree with this judgment, and I’m sure he would, too!

But I’d like to point out the fact that INTP’s never achieve this level of warmth with their inferior Fe.

Um, OK…I dunno, I still see ENFJ from the second photograph. She definitely looks enneatype 3. The symmetrically of her features is astonishing. Yes, in the second photo I see a bit of a softer look, if that is what you’re getting at. But, still, hungry like the wolf. [quote=“Kevin.K, post:11, topic:184”]
And I do recognize there is a limit from what one can tell from a photograph as opposed to real-life interaction, but I have interacted with this girl on a weekly basis and she is not an ENFJ in my book.
[/quote]

Yes, definitely a limit to what can be gleaned from a couple of photographs but you might be surprised what can be ruled out from even one photograph.

In the case of this girl, I did feel a very strong certainty about enneatype 3 ENFJ. Of course, I could be wrong. Yes, this is true.

So, backup guesses from visual information alone: INFJ, ISFP, ISTP. I can’t really see much else.

I’d immediately rule out any of the SJ types. She has too much severity to be any of the NP types. That’s 8 types ruled out. This is a serious girl with Se-Ni over Ne-Si axis. I could kind of see ENFP because some of them do fall at enneatype 3, but, not really. ESTP, not really. ESFP, no, they’re more bubbly, less serene. Less severe and cutting.

It’d be interesting to guess what type you think she is. What are you getting at here? Hmmm…

I don’t think she is INTJ or ENTJ because I see feeling over thinking function, though, she shares some of the severity of the NJ types.

Boy, this is fun.

Are you getting at INFJ?

The eyes. What about the eyes? They look like enneatype 3 eyes to me.

Yeah, ENFJ. Sorry.

But, you have to live with her. I don’t. As long as you’re happy with her. I will tell you one thing: She is very good-looking.

And very accomplished, you say.

Again, points to enneatype 3, all that.

Yes, her eyes are definitely different from Erika’s eyes. True. However, that doesn’t mean she isn’t an enneatype 3 ENFJ on that basis. You must tell me what you are getting at with the eye thing.

OK, as for the guy in the second photograph. Um, yes, a bit different in expression in this one. I see Ne-Si axis over Ni-Se axis. But, not very substantially. I definitely see Fe. He makes a rather indefinite impression on me. I’m still going for ISFJ.

Maybe ENTP as an echo. I don’t see INTP, though I could see someone saying INTP for him. Many ISFJs are INTPish, but, not. They wouldn’t look like this guy. He’s too clever and self-aware in some way. Yeah, sorry I still see the same thing. Fe aux. with Ti tert. The second picture makes me less inclined to say INFJ.

He has too much warmth to be an ISTJ, though he has some of the build of an Si dom. type.

Are you getting at ENTP?

hello Kevin!

haahaahaha i was wondering the same thing.

maybe he’s dealt with a girl that looked similar to her and he didn’t have a good experience.

i know an ENTP guy who got burnt really hard by an ENFP. and he really hates ENFP or anyone that looks like her.
but who knows. maybe johnonymous is different.

but i’ll take a shot.

the girl,
ISTP?

and the guy,

ISTJ? (probably so wrong)

Yeah, @supernokturnal is right. She is either an ENFJ, or the exact opposite of ENFJ, the ISTP type.

I now rule out INFJ and ISFP.

So, those are my two guesses for the girl.

second [quote=“Kevin.K, post:11, topic:184”]
Pay closer attention to the eyes, and note how they differ from say, Erika’s eyes:
[/quote]

Okay, my thoughts after the addition of the second picture are definitely different and pretty dramatically so. Let us call this woman Erin.

In the first image, I see Erin as young and underdeveloped. There is conflict between her expression generally and the corners of her mouth. I read that conflict as Face=negative emotion toward someone she views as a threat and mouth=betrayal of a lack of confidence.

Add the second image and I instead see a person who has a competitive response to the camera, and a mild and not hostile annoyance is what I now see in the first image. The first image is flirty now, and the conflict between face and mouth instead reads to me as Face=I’m telling you you suck, and mouth=This is all a bit ridiculous, how long must I hang around before I get onto the thing I want to be doing.

I would ascribe Erin’s eyebrow styling and makeup, which I viewed as forced before, as still intentional, like, an effort to project something true that is basically: fuck w/ me at your own risk. But she is plucking or waxing her eyebrows to accomplish this, which suggests she doesn’t like it when people underestimate her. I think a user of Te has plenty of use for being underestimated, so I suspect she’s using Ti and Fe. And I would say she’s extroverting judgements, and doing it somewhat strongly. Does she care what the camera thinks? Yes, she does. She has something to say to the viewer. She’s posing. Her extroversion is judgement I think, she’s outputting decisions and such. So I think she has strong Fe, she’s FJ, and I feel like she’s a little too photogenic to be a Ne Si user. Probably using SeNi. So If she’s extroverting Fe and to some extent Se, she’s ENFJ most likely or she’s INFJ in a mode where she’s like, kind of doing Se with a lack of subtlety.

She isn’t subtle.

so my question would be, what is the source of the intensity coming off her? She’s unignornable. I would say that’s Fe and Ni and Se yeah. I like ENFJ.

These two photos together totally capture the look of an ENFJ I worked with. Usually the second one and when I would do stupid stuff the first one.

Huh? are you trolling? hahaha

how can you guess two types on one person but exact opposite? is there logic behind this?

can ESTP and INFJ look alike?

Yes, I completely agree with you here. In my case, Se or Si can be ruled out from one photograph, which effectively halves the number of types.

I respect all of your backup guesses.[quote=“Blake, post:14, topic:184”]
I’d immediately rule out any of the SJ types.
[/quote]

Yes, I’d rule this out because her physical appearance, dress, etc. is Se, not Si.[quote=“Blake, post:14, topic:184”]
She has too much severity to be any of the NP types.
[/quote]

Valid again, but I also corroborate this with the fact that she is not an Si user, which can be gleaned from the photograph.[quote=“Blake, post:14, topic:184”]
This is a serious girl with Se-Ni over Ne-Si axis.
[/quote]

Yes, perception corroborated.

No, her Se presence is too strong to be inferior, which can be gleaned from the photographs.[quote=“Blake, post:14, topic:184”]
The eyes. What about the eyes? They look like enneatype 3 eyes to me.

Yes, her eyes are definitely different from Erika’s eyes. True. However, that doesn’t mean she isn’t an enneatype 3 ENFJ on that basis. You must tell me what you are getting at with the eye thing.
[/quote]

I suppose I see what you’re getting at with the Enneatype eyes. But I point out that INFPs and INFJs can both be Enneatype 4w5, and I don’t think they would have the same eyes.

Okay, here is what I am revealing with the eye thing. I am revealing the difference between introversion versus the projection of introversion. The girl in the photograph is an introvert, and she is not an Fe user. Erika might have introverted-looking eyes in photographs. However, that is a projection of introversion rather than a true embodiment of introversion. The differences between the two are immediately apparent when one interacts with them.

This is where is gets very interesting for me. You are correct in the Ne-Si axis over Ni-Se axis. But this is very, very apparent to me from the photograph. It is apparent in his overall aesthetic, how he chooses to physically present himself to the world. Si aesthetic.

Yes, I corroborate this judgement. To me, I dither between ISFJ and ISTJ for him, leaning more toward ISFJ. He is Si-dominant for sure.

Yeah man in certain ways becuase an ESTP and INFJ who are, say, focused on personal development and healthy individuals, might converge in some form in the future. Each uses Se/Ni and Ti/Fe and can recognize it in the other. Meanwhile, ESTP and ENFP have like nothing in common. The thing is, the four letters aren’t the best shorthand for the personality types. Convert the four letters into the four functions they code for and you’ll see why ESTP and INFJ can look like each other perhaps.