The Stellar Maze Photo Gallery

I’m feeling extra today. Here’s some photos I took while traveling.

oh, I love these houses! There’s something familiar about them, but I can’t put my finger on it. Where is that?

It’s right outside of Stonehenge. : )

cool ! actually I think they reminded me of hut houses in Uganda. I like how universal these are

“My Ancesstorsss came from Stonehenge!”

Sorry, @anhydrite, but you handed me the perfect opening…

By way of an apology for my incurable Troll 2 obsession, here are some photos of tonight’s sunset over McLeod Bay:

Love it.

Cool, I was searching for a thread like this, hope you like this pictures:

This is from an archeological site at the State of Mexico, it is called Tenayuca and this piramid was build around the 1224 year.

Some trees:

This is a so called “Alebrije”

This one is Xochipilli, the aztec God of flowers and art, that’s my aztec sign (the aztec astrology is ruled by a calendar named Tonalpohualli, if you’d like to check it out)

And last but not least:

Hi @wegendes, I have actually visited your amazing country back in 1998, on a memorable vacation. One of our close friends lived in San Miguel de Allende and kindly organised an extensive tour encompassing Mexico City, the Northern Highlands and the Yucatan Peninsula.

The highlights for me were the ancient cities, monuments, temples and pyramids. The best thing about Central American pyramids is that they were meant to be climbed, so were designed with external stairways and a relatively flat top. Still, as I recall, you had to be reasonably fit and have a head for heights to brave the climb! Luckily, my partner and I were both fit and enjoyed being in high places, so we managed to scale about 15 or so pyramids across Mexico during our tour.

The first was also the largest, the grand Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan. Nice wide stairway, so a popular climb for tourists At the very top there was a flattish topstone that a single person could easily stand upon. I noticed lots of people standing on the stone with their eyes shut and a strange expression on their faces. So naturally, I waited my turn and did the same.

As soon as I closed my eyes, I felt a strong current of energy rising up from the stone through my feet and travelling up my body. I felt both exhilarated and rejuvenated by the humming energy, and realised that I could accurately and precisely sense everything around me in a huge area, despite having my eyes shut. I had never felt anything like this before and understood at once why everyone wanted to stand in that spot!

And here it is, in all its magnificence (courtesy of Wikipedia):

I wonder if we should create a travel thread? There are so many great photos and stories from everyone’s travels.

Wow, that’s some white sand! At sunset?

Here’s a top-down view of the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan, which gives a better sense of its immense size:

Sun was 30 min from setting if I remember right.

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I like the whole prehispanic history as well as the whole architecture that was done after the mixure of european and the local cultures. Actually there are ancient cities all around the place (the pyramid of Teoloyuca is 20 minutes away of my house and I live in the metropolitan area of Mexico City). Teotihuacan is the best preserved, while in downtown Mexico City you can still see aside the cathedral the main pyramid of Tenochtitlan aside. Pretty cool you came by :wink: (and yes, you need to be really fit to stand the walk, along with the sun, along with the pollution reeking of the city).

Ice shove at Lake Erie

Into the Wasteland

Nuclear power plant in background for extra-apocalyptic vibe

And he saw every thing that he had created, and, behold, it was good.

IMG_1425

IMG_1337

IMG_1345

IMG_1314

IMG_1304

Woow man, amazing @Stewart. I’m amazed at your patience.

Here are some pictures of churches an cathedrals, I love taking pictures of them.

Mexico City’s Cathedral

Huejotzingo’s Church

Puebla City’s Cathedral (my personal favorite)

Another church from Puebla City, I don’t know its name:

And this is a tiny building in Mexico City, it’s an old building and as you can see, it’s fucked up. As fas as I know it’s real expensive to give mantainence to this kind of building, so there it is, going to hell.