What's your enneagram?

spoke to an “enneagram expert” today and found this more interesting than before.

I’m type 8. 8w7 to be specific.

what’s yours?

type 8 in a nutshell

Out of all the types, it is our Eights who are ready to take on challenges in the world for themselves and will encourage others to stretch their boundaries. They have enormous willpower and vitality and they feel most alive when they are exercising these capacities in the world. They want to make a difference in their environment whether that be the community or the world because bigger is always better! They work hard, play hard and crash hard, hence the “All or Nothing”, persona that gets developed.

source : http://in-side-out.com/2011/05/10/type-eight-the-all-or-nothing-type-on-the-enneagram/

Tritype Test: https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/268918/enneagram-tritype-test

share your results!

I always test enneagram type 4 but I think Blake wrote somewhere that infps are type 9 so maybe the tests don’t work. I have spent very little time reading about enneagram types.

But I relate to the type 4 feeling defective and not being able to escape that. It’s like having to expand energy all the time to just turn off the voices that tell me how messed up I am.

Mine is 5w4, I think!!
It’s probably pretty typical for intj.
Kinda wish I were a 4w5 instead so i could be like… “artiste” or something but alas! (Or maybe that would be 4w3??)

I test as 9 or 5 no matter how many different tests I take. I relate more to 9 though.

You are like ‘artiste’ Prax.

I peg at nine. And I have tried many different times in many different moods. 9 w1 sx
Tritype seems to be 954 or 945. I get those most. I relate to 5 and get that pretty consistently as second. I just want to be left alone to learn.
Occasionally I get 6 over 4.
I have gotten 2 over 4, but yeah right. I am not that invested in being helpful.
7,3 and 8 are always the bottom three with 8 at the very bottom.

I had a book recommendation that may help to help clear things up, but it has not shown up on my doorstep yet. I will repost if things clear up after I’ve read it. The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul.
Checked my orders and says it was delivered to my mailbox! Yay! I should check my mailbox more often…

take your tritype test here and share your results!

i’m actually surprised at my result. i didn’t know i had 5 in me.

and check more description here
http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/73452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions.html

my result is

The 835 is the ambitious, tenacious, opinionated, tough minded, hard nosed, foundation building, mental giant that is in denial of and minimizing of their more tender emotions.

835, 358, 538

If you are a 358, you are ambitious, knowledgeable and protective. You want to be efficient, wise and straight-forward. Tough-minded, you are good at studying a problem and finding both original and practical solutions others miss. Highly tenacious, you work tirelessly until you find solutions and prevail against adversity.

Your life mission is to use your cleverness and astute powers of observation to serve the greater good. A true problem solver, you are happiest when you can evaluate what is needed and take action to create change.

You can be so focused on your goals and ideas that you become an opinionated, hardnosed thinker that are in denial of your feelings. You can feel so vulnerable that you refuse to let in the importance and wisdom of your painful emotions.

@iamrl hey maybe i can really be a practical life-coach! hahaha

and @TinyYellowTree
here’s your description!

459 The Contemplative Archetype

If you are 459 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, an accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher (also, contemplative), you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away into the private world of your making to ponder your thoughts and feelings keeps you from engaging with others. true contemplation leads to higher knowing that we are all connected in the universal unconscious.

@lunar @Prax @Sammy
take the tritype test and see your results! this is pretty cool

and everyone who’s now coming out from lurking, pitch in!

145 forgot other two.

Weird. Persistent Tritype? Nobody I know would agree with that.

try the test and see what you get! maybe you’ll get different result

It’s the test that gave me that

Oh but this is me. This fits better than 4 and 9

Especially “sitting on a cauldron” and

“There is little distinction between themselves and this severe voice” lord yes. I waste energy daily trying not to hear this voice!

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-1/

@supernokturnal
thank you so much for this.
wake up call. i’ve had a lifelong struggle with this:

i’m terrified shitless because i’m a parent and i get it now that self criticism is shitty company and flips outward to others. in fact, time out in order. no more stellarmaze for now. big work to do.

okay cool! now let me see…

If you are a 145, you are diligent, intuitive, and knowledgeable. You want to be ethical, original and wise. Highly intellectual, you are focused on what you perceive is correct and above reproach. Research oriented, you seek and quote the opinions of experts to avoid being seen as ignorant.

Your life mission is to study and learn as much as you can and then teach the wisdom of what you have learned to others. A true researcher, you are happiest using your investigative skills.

You can be so identified with the information that you have gathered and the correct way of doing things that you feel exhausted and can appear to be a persnickety know it all.

1-4-5 : a rather introverted and withdrawn One, more creative, original and abstract than most. Prefers the realm of imagination and has very high ideals and standards, especially in what concerns romantic relationships. They’re harder to get to know because they can be very reserved, moody and somewhat picky. They have artistic inclinations and can be quite whimsical and creative. Tend to feel overwhelmed by the real world and hide in their own perfect worlds of fantasy. Prone to bouts of existential depression.
usual subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 1w9
similar tritypes: 1-5-4, 4-1-5
flavours: solitary, melancholic, critical and whimsical

examples.

and you quoting,

and

you are happiest using your investigative skills.

yup. that’s what she said.

anyways.
there are more examples but yes you are Pesistent Tritype

You are quick. Am amazed how quickly you composed that. That was really speedy.

why thank you. that’s how i roll! quick and efficient!

but back to you. do you think it fits you? i think it does. it makes sense.

it doesn’t surprise me that you are a teacher as a career/job.

Yeah. Thanks for getting me to take this. I assumed I was type 9 but peacemaker isn’t quite what I am even if conflict stresses me out. But I create a lot of conflict from that voice inside. Eye opening really. Type 1 feels backwards for infp but I’m a Virgo infp

549 Contemplative

damn even your enneagram description is so sexy! hahaha

i knew it. I definitely felt the strong feminine energy. under that mental toughness.

how do I even feel this through reading words/text online. So crazy.

Sexual energy is one of the most powerful

351 The technical expert muhaahaha!! :wink:

I normally get Type 9, sometimes Type 4.

As for the tritype: 469 The Seeker

I’ll take the tritype quiz. The first quiz I took was different from yours. I ended up typing as 137 but I never looked too deeply into my results. More specifically, it said I was 1w9, 3w4, and 7w8.

Haha, maybe my result will be different today :grin:!

I… did the tri-type test and maybe I did it wrong because I started getting bored and picked a bit randomly with the descriptions… HAHAH.

I got “Tritype 145/451/514” like Lunar? :smiley:
Do you guys feel like I am 145!

Do I even feel 145?? :0

I got 459.