There’s a port on a western bay
And it serves a hundred ships a day
Lonely sailors pass the time away
And talk about their homes
And there’s a girl in this harbor town
And she works layin’ whiskey down
They say, Brandy, fetch another round
She serves them whiskey and wine
The sailors say: “Brandy, you’re a fine girl” (you’re a fine girl)
“What a good wife you would be” (such a fine girl)
"Yeah, your eyes could steal a sailor from the sea"
Brandy wears a braided chain
Made of finest silver from the North of Spain
A locket that bears the name
Of the man that Brandy loved
He came on a summer’s day
Bringin’ gifts from far away
But he made it clear he couldn’t stay
No harbor was his home
The sailors say: “Brandy, you’re a fine girl” (you’re a fine girl)
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea"
Yeah, Brandy used to watch his eyes
When he told his sailor stories
She could feel the ocean fall and rise
She saw its ragin’ glory
But he had always told the truth, Lord, he was an honest man
And Brandy does her best to understand
At night when the bars close down
Brandy walks through a silent town
And loves a man who’s not around
She still can hear him say
She hears him say “Brandy, you’re a fine girl” (you’re a fine girl)
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea"
It is, yes it is,
He said, “Brandy, you’re a fine girl” (you’re a fine girl)
“But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea”

@anhydrite, I think you were the one talking about covers?

Heard the cover of this song today and was proud that I was born in ‘87 and recognized this as a cover. Fucking love the original.

Original:

Cover/Remake/Whatever:

Original every time all of the time. Classic :ok_hand:

That’s exactly why you should appreciate bushes more.

Haha, “whatever”. Good naming~

Good boy.

Well, an album I feel describes me:

My favorite album:

An album I highly recommend:

Another album I highly recommend:

An alternative album I feel might represent me (while, at the same time, I recommend it too), to me the vocalist has an angels voice and the music feels sweet but heavy at the same time:

Hope you enjoy some of it. :smiley:

IT AIN’T DA BUTTAFLY, IT’S DA TOOTSIE ROLL!

CHECK BABY, CHECK BABY, 1, 2, 3, 4

(There is seriously nothing hotter than a babe on a beach, in a bikini, playing a sax…)

@johnonymous Kendrick Lamar’s latest album is some powerful, powerful shit.

I saw him a couple of years ago. The guy can move mountains.

Something’s shifted in the global energy field since Saturn entered Capricorn, and for me it’s been extremely positive and enlightening. My spiritual muse has returned, and keeps sending certain old Kate Bush songs to my Jukebox mind, along with a strong intuition that they will have particular significance for me at this time of change.

The songs share a common theme: a strong desire for spiritual enlightenment, but an unwillingness or fear of doing the necessary hard slog to reach such a state. Here are the songs:

Sat in Your Lap

Constellation of the Heart

Suspended in Gaffa

An excellent cover of Suspended in Gaffa by Chrome Canyon, featuring the extraordinary Phoebe Oglesbee:

! I’ve been listening to some Kate Bush this week as well!

I have yet to listen to all her stuff. Such a vast repertoire! But she never gets old, never. So fresh and imaginative. Full of insight and energy.

I LOVE Sat in Your Lap! I haven’t sat through all of The Dreaming but perhaps it’s time. It’s always tough for me to finish a single album from top to bottom, but when I do find the time to do so, it can be an amazing experience. Especially with Bush albums. I find her difficult to understand at first, but one day everything clicks all of a sudden. I would hear all the magic unfold in sequence, and wow, so great. I love The Sensual World; I’ve been constantly going back to that album for the past few months. It’s my favorite so far, but I’ve only heard that one, Hounds of Love, Never for Ever and 50 Words of Snow from top to bottom.

I love it when the coincidences keep piling up like this! Another sign that I’m moving back into tune with the universal vibe, perhaps?

I’ve only had sporadic access to the higher levels of my Ni dominant function during the last few years, but in the past I’ve enjoyed extended periods (of weeks or months) when the full potential of my intuitive abilities opened up to me in the most extraordinary ways imaginable. @Blake once said that each of the type functions operates on different levels of metaphysical reality; alternate planes of existence if you like, each with their own unique set of laws and operating principles:

My own studies and training in a range of interrelated disciplines, including Jungian psychology, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, the Enneagram, psychic abilities and occult science, backed up by my personal experiences of (for want of a better term) “supernatural phenomena” have led me to the same conclusion.

One of the implications of this metaphysical understanding of our multiverse is that each of the fourJungian functions, Sensing, Feeling, Thinking and Intuition, is attuned to a different level of reality, and is most powerful and effective when operating according to the fundamental laws of that level.

I believe that it is possible to use each of the functions on the other levels, but doing so requires considerably more psychic energy for even the most basic of applications. For whatever complex set of reasons, in our modern world the physical plane is clearly in the ascendancy, so much so that the prevailing worldview has become so entrenched as to deny the very existence of other realities altogether.

And it only requires a little type knowledge to grasp that the function most attuned to the physical plane is Sensing (Perception of what is visible).

Conversely, intuition (perception of what is not visible) is least suited to the conditions of the physical level of reality. Perhaps this is why intuitive types are now in the minority: natural selection has gradually eroded our numbers in recent centuries.

Returning to the divine Kate Bush, one of her older songs has started playing in my mind while writing the above, appropriately enough it is an exploration of the strange workings of the intuitive function;

Strange Phenomena

Since I wrote the above metaphysical ramblings, my revitalised Ni is continuing to surprise and delight me. I’m having loads of vivid and entertaining dreams once again and during the day it keeps sending me little hunches and ideas to follow. For example I suddenly had the idea to search online for some particular photos of Kate Bush from 1980. Almost immediately I came across the ones I was interested in:

imageimage

On 12 September 1980, Kate was signing copies of her new album “Never For Ever” at the Virgin Megastore in Oxford Street, London. My schoolfriends and I queued for hours and were rewarded by meeting Kate, who personally signed our records. She took the trouble to briefly chat with each person in the queue and ask a few personal questions. I was a devoted fan for life after this very special day!

The two photos are from that very event. I was stunned when I found them after following my hunch…

You guys have such good taste. I’m just going to leave this here, because I fucking love this song.

She looks like my mom during this period AND IT’S FREAKING ME OUT.

Have you ever listened to Beach House? Well, I feel like Kate Bush is their mother. Beach House feeds and/or is my soul?

No, but I’ll be sure to check them out. Thanks for the recommendation!

I love Beyoncé too; she is super-sassy and has an amazing voice! I particularly enjoyed her collaborations with Lady Gaga: